Wednesday, September 17, 2014

#(I dont care anymore) The entropy and the reality

Sometimes, I feel that both of them are actually very synonymous. If anything is going to be real, its going to be so full of entropy.

Anyway, that discussion aside, this semester is heating up pretty fast, I think it already has. I have a Machine Learning assignment due on the 24th, gave a quiz day before, turned in an assignment today, graded two different classes (oh, I need a separate post to rant about that ) and along with these, the part-time venture which I totally relish, and a job search (sigh, are you panting too? )

Being busy is good, its something I like, and my mind is happier that way. Now, what's mind and how its different from brain is for some other day to talk about. So, life is ok, if not for that element of entropy I need to deal with - the future prospect. This is getting onto my nerves, I wouldn't have minded 10 more courses but the uncertainty is killing! Only because its not just me involved in the whole process, there are so many more minds and hearts that went into me being able to be here and doing what I am doing, believing in all of what I believed in. And that induced responsibility needs to meet a certainty whose existence I'm not really very certain of right now. I want to be, although I personally adore this world for its randomness. But personally comes always later.

That was as obtuse as I could get, huh.

Leaving that as is, there was a Google tech talk here @USC and they showed off some of their GoogleX projects and blah. The showstopper of the whole event was the number of students that turned up. The room was overflowing by 5:30 with the event starting at 6, (I think about 500 could fit in) and there were about 150 of them waiting outside. And it wasn't even a recruiting fair! What's with the craze!
I dont know what it's like or how it is to be there, but if there is such competition for whatever that is, then it brings a lot of questions to my mind. It takes me to Page & Brin. They are like the superstars of this web-tech cinema that we are envisaging.
Well, it had to be done eventually, if not by them, by someone else.
But what's commendable is them keeping that bar raised so high even after almost two decades, and driving the monopoly. Well, what can I say. I'm an avid googler and I enjoy every minute of it. So, am just thankful I've witnessed something like this. A story to tell the generations, eh? But somewhere inside, there is someone who whispers, 'Thats not urs, make one for urself.' And that's when thoughts break bonds and bounds.

They say its about following your dreams. I do have mine, and I want to see where they take me. We'll see.

Meanwhile, on another side of the universe, the moon's caught white and gay (sadly by a low-res camera), with the USC globe searing high and high.

No comments:

Post a Comment