Sunday, September 7, 2014

#15 (?) A break, a change, a need

I've always tried to write my blog posts such that they be well-written, well-versed and well-behaved. But I think I've had enough of that. I'm going to start using my blog more as a blog from today on. Lets see how that goes, no promises yet.

So recently, I've seen the movie, 'Rajneeti' and it made me see 'The Dynasty: Nehru-Gandhi Story' and 'Operation blue star' back to back with the film. What amazes me is how we are so young in terms of the amount of freedom, we've got. We, referring to Indians. Its been half a decade, and so much has changed. Ofcourse, there are still parts that showcase the novelty but yet, it kept me wondering about how India was transformed  through the years, to the good and to the bad.

Mr.Nehru, or Chacha Nehru, when I read about him, seems like a hero - one who led the new-born country on a road that later took so many turns but still managed to mark its presence in the global traffic. Anyway, he as a person, and in my opinion, was certainly a hero, and he is going to stay in my thoughts for a real long time, irrespective of anything.

I read that he loved these of Frost's lines a lot:
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep

This is the complete poem written by Robert Frost, they were taken from:

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

I've known another of Frost's poems that was taught in one of my English classes, about the Road Less Traveled by, which probably is more popular. I'm gonna look out for more of his works.

Its thrilling when you look back and see that these people like Nehru were just a generation away, and they've truly lived over. I'm still trying to figure out my road, as the woods seem lovely, dark and deep. Will I ever find a way out? I'm not sure but somehow there is a small ray of hope that keeps me going, and I'm hopeful.

Miles to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment